The materials that GLAPN collects are housed in the Reference Library at Oregon Historical Society, 1200 SW Park Avenue, Portland, Oregon. For more information on OHS, including library hours and admission fees for non-residents of Multnomah County, please visit the Oregon Historical Society's website.
Portland Gay Men's Chorus, Portland Lesbian Choir, Bridges, and GALA, (Material Dates 1986-1998), 2 cubic feet (2 boxes)
The Portland Gay Men's Chorus and the Portland Lesbian Choir participated in numerous performances in the Portland area and around the United States. Bridges was an organization composed of individual members of both the Gay Men's Chorus and the Lesbian Choir. It performed separately. GALA was a national meeting/performance of Gay Men's and Lesbians' choruses throughout the United States. The Portland groups performed at some of these.
Items include mostly programs and sheet music, with albums of photos and programs.
- Folder 1 Bridges Musical Programs, 1991-1998
Miscellaneous programs announcing concerts.
- Folder 2 Bridges Musical Programs, Undated
Miscellaneous programs announcing concerts, dates unknown.
- Folder 3 Bridges BMI Certificate of Compliance
Certificate from BMI that Bridges complies with copyright law, undated.
- Folder 4 Bridges Organizational
Miscellaneous organizational and financial information, undated.
- Folder 5 Musical Director Contract
Contract for Bridges musical director, 1995.
- Folder 6 Correspondence
Undated letter from Tampa, Florida.
- Folder 7 Miscellaneous
Miscellaneous items concerning Bridges.
- Folder 8 Portland Lesbian Choir BMI Certificate of Compliance
Certificate from BMI that Bridges complies with copyright law, 1990.
- Folder 9 Portland Lesbian Choir Programs
Programs of musical events, 1990-1998.
- Folder 10 Portland Lesbian Choir Newsletter
The Quarter Note, 1996-1997.
- Folder 11 Portland Lesbian Choir Miscellaneous.
Miscellaneous items concerning Portland Lesbian Choir, all circa 1989.
- Folder 12 GALA Schedules/Programs
Combined Gay Men's/Lesbians' Chorus programs in the United States, in which the Portland groups participated, 1991-1995.
- Folder 13 GALA Miscellaneous
Miscellaneous information from the national office to all affiliates, 1992 and 1998.
- Folder 14 GALA Program, Vancouver BC
Program for the GALA get-together in Vancouver, British Columbia, 1990.
- Folder 15 Bridges Songs, Alphabetical Listing, and Sheet Music, A-B
Alphabetical listing of Bridges songs and sheet music A-B.
- Folder 16 Bridges Songs, Sheet Music, C-G
Bridges sheet music C-G.
- Folder 17 Bridges Songs, Sheet Music, H-L
Bridges sheet music H-L.
- Folder 18 Bridges Songs, Sheet Music, M-R
Bridges sheet music M-R.
- Folder 19 Bridges Songs, Sheet Music, S-Z
Bridges sheet music S-Z.
- Folder 20 Songs with Portland Gay Men's Chorus
Sheet music Portland Lesbian Choir sung with the Portland Gay Men's Chorus, apparently not complete. Is stated as being alphabetical, but includes only A-I.
- Folder 21 Fragments of Sheet Music.
Incomplete sheet music apparently part of the choruses' repertoire.
Not Organized in a Folder:
Miscellaneous sheet music, approximately 1000 sheets.
(No folders) Four albums of photos and Portland Gay Men's Chorus and Portland Lesbian Choir programs, 1986-1994; Programs for GALA Festivals III, IV, and V, 1989, 1992, 1996; and miscellaneous photos of group events, undated.
P.O. Box 3646 • Portland, OR 97208-3646 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 2011, Gay & Lesbian Archives of the Pacific Northwest